Kieffer Sanitation offers good pay and excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, and 401K retirement. Kieffer Sanitaiton is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans).
CLICK on the job title to see full description, and then CLICK on APPLY NOW button.
Part-time Truck Washer - Rapid City
Rapid City, South Dakota
Kieffer Sanitation has an immediate position available for a Truck Washer position at our Rapid City, SD hauling operation.
In this position you will be primarily responsible for washing trucks. However, we are looking for an individual with the ability to wear many hats and help out in the yard, shop or office where need be. This is a great stepping stone position to get in with one of the premier companies in the waste industry! There are a lot of promotional opportunities from this position.
Schedule is Monday through Friday, day shift with some Saturdays required. The wage is $12-$13 per hour to start.
• Washing Trucks
• First responder to truck fluid spills and clean-up of said spill.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs regularly.
• Ability and willingness to work long hours outside in the conditions.
• Self motivated in a sometimes hectic and fast pace environment.
• Excellent time management ability.
• Must pass drug screen, pre-employment background check.
Be a part of a team that is leading the nation!
You will be joining a great team and a company in a "work hard, play harder" environment along with a competitive pay.
CDL Route Driver - Rapid City - $5,000 Sign-on Bonus
Requisition Primary LocationRapid City, South Dakota
WANTED! - Refuse Route Driver - $5,000 Sign-On!
We are looking for a safety conscience Refuse Route Driver to join our Rapid, SD Kieffer Sanitation team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to safely operate a garbage truck on specified routes to collect solid waste. Waste experience preferred, but not required.
- Ability to read route sheets and service each customer identified on the sheet or assigned by the dispatcher.
- Perform routine inspection and maintenance on vehicles such as checking fluids, safety equipment, and tires.
- Courteous interaction with our customers and perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- A typical schedule for this position is Monday-Friday, some Saturdays, No Sundays, 55+ hour work week. $15-$17/hr DOE
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such as moving mechanical parts. Which require following basic safety precautions.
- The employee is exposed to outside weather, including frequent wet and/or humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration.
- Noise level is usually moderate.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Class B CDL with air brakes endorsement required.
- Able to perform pre and post trip inspections
- Able to perform physical work in all weather conditions
Apply today and Connect with Your Future!
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement.
Job Requirements:Drivers License with Air Brakes Endorsement - Department of Transportation
Diesel Mechanic - $5,000 Sign on Bonus
Job TitleDiesel Mechanic
Requisition Primary Location - Rapid City, South Dakota
Kieffer Sanitation has an immediate position open for a Diesel Mechanic to work on our fleet of trucks at our Rapid City, SD location
$5,000 Sign On Bonus!
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Performs repairs and maintenance on heavy duty diesel trucks as well as other District vehicles to maximize safe and productive operations. Typical repairs include, but are not limited to, routine maintenance and repairing engines, chassis and body components, hydraulic cylinders, brake systems, suspension systems, wheels and tires.
- Reads and interprets VCR’s (vehicle condition reports) and/or repair orders, communicates with supervisor and/or driver for clarification of problems. May discuss preventive techniques with drivers to minimize future repairs.
- Occasionally makes emergency road calls to make repairs on trucks that break down while driving a collection route.
Skills / Attributes Required:
- Must be knowledgeable of and capable of performing repairs in a safe, effective and timely manner.
- Minimum 1 year experience working on Medium / Heavy Duty Trucks
- Strong experience in diagnostics and electrical is helpful
- Must be able to communicate effectively, read and comprehend service and technical information.
- Must have own set of basic tools as is standard for mechanics.
- Must currently have or able to obtain a class B commercial driver’s license within 120 days of employment.
- Must currently have a valid driver’s license with excellent driving record.
- Able to sustain a steady work pace over an entire work day.
- Must be able to lift 75lbs.
- Works indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Subjected to loud noises, vibrations, hard working surfaces, lubricants and chemicals, fumes, dirt and inherent hazards of mechanic work.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to “Connect with Your Future”.
Disability Accommodation for Applicants to Kieffer Sanitation
Kieffer Sanitation is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may use the alternative email address below to contact us about your interest in employment at Kieffer Sanitation: Email: Disability_Application_Accommodation or call 832-442-2214. You must specify which position you are applying to in order to be considered for employment.